Aug 2, 2007

My First Blog Tag Ever

This is my first blog tag ever, thanks Meish!

Four jobs that I've had:
1. Night-shift Sysop at the Jerusalem Post newspaper. I started this job right out of the navy. I learned how to do layout for the op-ed page. It was a good job for that time in my life. I was, however, not the best tech in the world. It was more of a "The One-Eyed Man is King in the Valley of the Blind."-thing.
2. Archery Instructor. I tried to make it fun, but the equipment was not the best. I ended up improving the bows with super glue and dental floss...a very MacGuyver moment!
3. “Bonkers” Bagel Shop Shift Manager. What can I say? I am not a big a fan of bagels after that period of my life.
4. Kibbutz Metal Factory Worker. 8 to 10 hours of dipping metal computer chassis into chemicals and then using an air gun to dry them off. Ah, the memories.
[Note: I've picked the more eclectic ones...not the most recent ones.]

Four films or shows that I can watch repeatedly:

1. Star Wars (the original trilogy). I bought the limited releases DVDs that include the theatrical versions and the remastered ones with the added scenes.
2. Quantum Leap. Good clean fun. I love the 'kisses with history' where Sam meets famous people,
3. Good Will Hunting. It's just a good film.
4. Any Pixar Film. There are some I like more than others, but I would watch any of them over and over.

Four places in which I have lived:

1. Los Angeles. Born here. Lived here until I finished college. Moved all the way around the world to get away. Then I married Elana and she dragged me back. I don't like the city, but there are some pretty okay people mixed in among the millions.
2. Washington, D.C. Lived there for a semester. It was during my senior year of college. I met some bigwigs, but it was not the best semester of my school days.
3. Seattle. Last summer Elana and I both found internships up there. Great city. I would not mind spending more time up there. I like the water, the kayaks, the sunshine (it only rained 3 days while we were there). We did not like the traffic signs-- too small.
4. Jerusalem. City of Gold. Most of my adult life until now was in Jerusalem. I like it most in the winter.

Four places that I've been on vacation:

1. Goucher College (Spent a month visiting a friend there.)
2. Elba, Italy (former home in exile of Napoleon Bonaparte)
3. Egypt (Down the Nile from Cairo to Lake Nasser)
4. Amsterdam (No, I did not have any brownies. Just lots of Stroopwaffel and Drop.)

Four sites that I visit daily (other than blogs):

1. digg.com
2. slate.com
3. youtube.com
4. google.com

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Lemon thingy. This a dessert that my friend Sharon "Shaz" Wagner used to make for me when I came home from the navy. She passed the recipe to Elana.
2. Huevos Rancheros. One of the things you are not likely to find in Israel...luckily I am in LA, where one can find it all over the place.
3. Thanksgiving dinner. Memories. If you eat it at a different time of year, it isn't the same.
4. PLT (Grilled Pastrami, Lettuce and Tomato).

Four people that I am tagging:
1. Michelle
2. Nikki
3. Gafna
4. Evan

1 comment:

meish said...

you've definitely had some of the most eclectic jobs of anyone i know.

and i suddenly have a hankering to watch Star Wars again...